Tuesday, September 2, 2008

i heart this kid


It's been a difficult week, or two.
I went back to work a week after Harrison was born. I didn't post it because I didn't need anyone's advise. The bills keep coming, whether you are working or not. I feel guilty when I'm gone. We worked out our schedules so that one of us is always home with the kids, GREAT concept - hard reality. Dave is great with them but even he is showing a few cracks in his warm, calm shell.

Not much hand holding for mom and dad, but lots for the children.

Not much sleep, can't be blamed on just one of the children.

Not much nutrition, can be blamed on me.

But there is definitely MUCH LOVE between all of us!
I just wanted this opportunity to tell Dave and Jocie how much I love them, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me take care of our little Prince. We are all lacking sleep, but I don't care how cranky we all get because of it - I wouldn't rather be anywhere else but with you!!!! Sweet Dreams to each of you,
love, me







One of the most obvious results of having a baby around the house is to turn two good people into complete idiots who probably wouldn't have been much worse than mere imbeciles without it. ~Georges Courteline, La Philosophie de Georges Courteline

4 comments:

WendyB said...

He's such a cutie!

Aprilyn said...

What a darling little boy!! I'm glad you posted some pictures of him. (I remember you saying your camera is broken so hooray for pictures!!). I know you'll get this figured out some day. Until then, I'll add you to my list of people that I'm praying for. Hang in there. I'm sure you guys will get this all figured out.

Aprilyn said...

One more thing--I went back to work a week or so after Nathan was born. You do what you gotta do.

Sarah said...

the new background is beautiful. . . oh, the choices we are FORCED to make as mothers, its what makes our job so hard. Hope things start leveling out for you :D