Monday, June 11, 2007

g is for : girl gardening in green glasses


Jocie is our garden girl! She is so helpful outside when we work in the backyard. She loves to be outside, the more water the better. No one else is allowed to touch the broom when she is busy in the yard, and she would prefer that she did all the watering with the hose.


I love to see Jojo playing and entertaining herself! She has no problem sitting on a pile of dirt and scooping it from one pile to another, or getting together a collection of rocks and dirt clods in her watering pail. We think she is so smart and love to see her discover new things and tell us all about them. Well, I know she is telling us about them, just not in English exactly.

Jojo knows which flowers she is allowed to pick and loves to take time to smell anything that's growing. In the front yard she likes to bend down to the tiny baby palm trees and sniff them. Her dad taught her that most anything of that flora family is a flower and should be properly smelled. Dad also taught her where the tomatoes are and she can even attempt to say it!

When that camera is out she turns into a cheesy little girl. She can be throwing a dying fit and then instantly can smile in the midst of it if there is a flash. CHEESE!
I know as a mom that I don't have a guide book for her or even sure half the time what she wants, but when we are in the garden things seem to be alright. I hope that maybe this will be a good setting to learn about patience, life, growing and loving care for those things around us.



7 comments:

Megan said...

Isn't Jocie the cutest little girl in the whole world (that is: cutest girl over one year old and under 4... she totally has cornered that market)!! She looks so dang sweet in those pictures! And the sun glasses are important for her eyes as well as fasionable

Kim said...

forget Jocie (OK, not really) I'm totally impressed with your gardening abilities. Just imagine if you had never started gardening, what would your life be like? I wonder many times, too.

Charlene said...

Jocie is darling, what adorable pictures. I love the green sunglasses. What great life lessons to teach your daughter in the beautiful setting of a garden. You definitely have the green thumb.

Rhonda said...

She looks so sweet and happy in the garden. Maybe she's going to be a farmer when she grows up. . . I know that girl can belt out an E I E I O!!

Austin said...

I love it! I'm always surprised at your ability to try something new and then rock at it! Congrats on the garden, and your daughter is beautiful.

Curt said...

Rhonda-- You are so right! I could almost hear the E.I.E.I.O.

I think that this post could win some sort of award...

"On behalf of the SIBW (Society of International Bloggers Worldwide) I would like to award this blog 'Most Adorably Aesthetically Alliterated' for 2007."

What that a pile of dirt she likes sitting on? I saw lot's of manure piles back there...

Andrea said...

Hi Jennifer! When I found Rhonda's blog, I found long lost friends! How exciting to see your family again. It's weird to see us bein' moms and stuff. :)

Really though, it was so great to see your pictures and reminisce. I crave more!

I'll check back often.

:)Andrea
andreamontierth.blogspot.com