Thursday, August 21, 2008

what a week


this week can be summed up with the following group of words:


exhausted, phone calls, visitors, painful uterus and boobs, upset phone calls from those that didn't get their phone call or text, more texting, emails, lots of tears for the Neilsons, tears for the Kinneard family, pictures, nursing, back pain, more phone and visitors, more tears, a couple naps, overprotective big sister, breastpump, crying, baby poop, jaundice, no jaundice, less sleep, very loud crying, and nursing.



tomorrow little Harrison will be one week old, wow that already went fast. His sister won't let anyone near him unless they come bearing gifts FOR HER, I kid you not. She is trying so hard to be his little mama, but she reminds me more of the character Lennie from Of Mice and Men. She loves very deeply, sometimes too deeply.



This week has been bittersweet. It has been wonderful to enjoy this beautiful innocent baby in our home, but all the while it lays on my heart that Stephanie and Christian are so critically injured. I have been praying like crazy and I know so many are. We are going to do a balloon launch on Saturday for them in Queen Creek, if you would like to join us for BALLOONS OF HOPE - email me and I will give you directions. daveclancyfamily@yahoo.com (bring your own balloons)




Lastly (but not leastly) I would like to wish my wonderful husband HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know this has been an extremely lame birthday filled with poopy diapers on both kids, and a wife who just had to "run some errands" and was gone for 3 hours. I just want him to know how much I love and adore him. Never in a million years did I imagine I would be blessed enough to receive such a man as Dave. He is a husband and father that can not be matched. Between myself and my daughter I often wonder if someday he will just not come home from work for fear of us, but alas he always does.




I love you sweetie and hope that you have your best year yet! ALL MY LOVE AND MY HEART, Jennifer x0x0x0x0








3 comments:

WendyB said...

What a crazy week. And what a lovely tribute to your husband. Happy birthday, Mr. PPIEW!

Aprilyn said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! He sounds like a great Dad and Husband.

I love the pictures of the kids. Big sister looks satisfied to be holding little brother. So cute!

I'm going to the Balloons of Hope in Utah tomorrow. I have been also praying like crazy that they will be OK. It's still so touch and go. Thankfully, they have a very wonderful, loving, supportive family. I have been hugging my children a little more and thinking about the Nielson Family motto- Be Prepared. What a wonderful example they are.
I have also shed many tears for the Kinneard family.

It's hard enough to be a new Mom but you're dealing with many other emotions on top of it. Hang in there.

Sarah said...

how are you so on top of things- i just got something in my mailbox from you!!! i'm the one who's supposed to be doing something for you :D

hang in there girl, you have been on my mind and i hope things are going well.

we too are doing a ballon launch this evening for the nielsons. i was trying to explain it to my mother on the phone-- she just couldn't grasp the whole concept-- once again i am grateful to know such great women whom i admire-- and yet i have never met them:D