Tuesday, April 1, 2008

april fools

did any of you play any good jokes today? i tried all day to think of something to post that would be funny.... well turns out the joke was on me.

we are TRYING to get this child interested in potty training, but she just doesn't care. this evening i put on her big girl panties and tried to explain, "we don't want to pee pee in the chair or in your panties, we only pee pee in the potty" (what she heard "blah blah blah blah pee pee in the chair blah").

so while i work on a refi application online this is what i get "oh no, pooped in the chair!" i run over, nope everything is clean and dry - jojo is snickering. 5 minutes later "oh no, more poops." nope another false alarm... now we do this every two minutes for the next half hour because it's just funny to her.

i realize my lending application was erased and never went through and spent 15 minutes on hold waiting for customer service, at THE EXACT SAME TIME as the agent says "hello this is..." Jocie says, "oh no i got poop". she is standing right next to me with her legs at a wide stance peeing all over the floor. OH COME ON!!!

i pick up the dripping kid, give my name, strip off the wet panties, give my address and social security number, stand her in the sink to clean up feet and legs, answer the impossible debt related questions he, go mop up the pee, give dave's ssn, get back to the kid and finish the ap. whew! being a mom rocks!

so i start typing this thinking, "in retrospect that actually was kinda funny", i get the first line typed and standing next to me is the squatting "oh no i have poop" as she pees all over the floor again.

three things about my daughter:
  1. she might need to lay off the sippy cup.


  2. she has not quite mastered the difference between pee and poop.


  3. her timing is IMPECCABLE!

8 comments:

Genevieve Hinson said...

LMAO - oh man, sounds like my house without the language skills. My youngest is four and we're working on it. still.

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for participating in blogging for autism awareness.

I've added your blog to the blogroll. :)

~g

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

g- i would offer you some words of advise, but what the crap do i know? well, i do know the difference between crap and other things.

WendyB said...

I don't know how you do it!

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

what refinance? the hardest part is finding a bank that will trust you even though you both know you are poor.

Unknown said...

Jen! I miss you! How are you? I feel like you were talking about me in your story . . . not the one taking a potty break on the floor, but THE MOM! Yeah, Bryton really got into April FOol's this year. He was cracking the pranks left and right. He thought it would be funny to tell everyone that his mom was pregnant.
Oh, and he told Dustin that our contractor, sorry, X-contractor, who stole almost 150K from our loan account, had paid us back! That probably makes no sense to you, but Dustin practically peed his pants like "you know who!"

Unknown said...

P.S. I guess that I am not cool enough to be on your list of Bloggers now huh? :)

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

mon, i can't get on your blog anymore, i lost the code or password or invite... link or no link

Sarah said...

OH, to be two and its perfectly acceptable to pee your pants. Those were the days.

Potty training at my house consisted of a week of nonstop sitting in the bathroom, sippy cups, salty snacks, stickers and lots of crying, on both parts. I don't envy you.